Monday, June 21, 2021

Celebrating Father's Day






Can't recall how many years I haven't had such a wonderful Father's Day.
After dad passed away, I have been hiding myself from this weird festival.
Never been able to understand why people need to select a particular day to celebrate with their own dad.
I mean, if you love him, every day can be Father's Day.
Not necessarily one particular day throughout the whole year.

I once had two dads. My own dad and Tony's. 
Mine cares about my academics and I never got along with him well.
Tony's loves me like I were his own daughter.
Every time I was home, he would cook everything that I loved.
I hate fish, he never cooked fish when I was present.
I love desserts but was too weak to eat anything with green beans.
He spent lots of time taking away all the green beans to make bubur cha cha for me.

Villagers often treat dogs badly since they were only for guarding home and fields.
Yet he let Muimui sleep on my bed, wander around in the house and eat human food which was bought and cooked by himself. I still remember the beef brisket that he had made only for Muimui and Dodo.

This year is different.
My sis invited Big Bro and me to celebrate together.
Usually I turned her down without the second thought.
I don't have father. There's no point celebrating it.

But my sis said Big Bro is a To-Be-Dad.
It'd be nice to celebrate tgt.
Big Bro left work early to meet us outside the swimming pool and join the dinner.
(What a nice surprise! Big Bro has never left work so early until today.
For the first time, he finished work at 15:00 so that he could join our dinner which started at 18:30. Before meeting us, he had already gone to Mong Kok to give my tenants their letters and receipts. Amazing!)

The food was scrumptious. Excellent service. Cozy environment.
Just everything was price in definitely.

This is, nevertheless, the best Father's Day I've ever had after dad passed away.
Thanks to my sis for all of these.
Having my daring sis is the best blessing.
I love her soooo much.

Wish dad were here. We're content with our life and everything is going fine. 
No need to worry about us.
Hope you're doing well too.

4 comments:

  1. A warm gathering with those your beloved. It's very sweet,and sure your dad would love to see you're living happily in the sky. Be happy always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray🤗
      Did u hv a good time with your family on this special day too?
      U r such a caring person and I believe u must have a warm family as well.

      Delete

  2. Thanks. You're so kind.
    I had a joyful dinner with my family on the Father's day.





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you 😄
      Have a nice day my friend

      Delete